Why is Pointing Important?
The mortar between the bricks on any wall (pointing) accounts for around 15% of the total surface. That mortar is crucial in maintaining the structural integrity of a wall, but over time, the constant assault of the wind, rain, and cold weather, can wear the mortar away allowing water to soak into the wall. Furthermore, moss and can lichen will often grow in the gaps between the bricks, and that can further can undermine both the structural and aesthetic qualities of the remaining mortar.
What is Repointing?
Repointing is the process of firstly clearing away the old mortar and any biological matter from between the bricks, and then applying a new course of lime or cement mortar. Whilst it might look easy enough, it is an incredibly time-consuming task and requires the use of the right materials for your wall, applied in the correct manner. A badly pointed wall is likely to suffer just as many problems as a wall that hasn’t been repointed in decades.
Why Choose Pro Era?
- Dust reduction joint removal to clear the old mortar
- All walls are treated with chemical brick cleaning and jet washing
- We use both lime and cement-based mortars as required
- Mortar colour matching to ensure a match for existing brickwork
- Heritage restoration work for older or listed properties
- Free quotes and competitive pricing
- Member of The Guild of Master Craftsman
- Nominated for Young Tradesman of The Year
Where do we Work?
We are based on the Surrey/Berkshire/Hants borders and offer our bricklaying service throughout both counties, including Aldershot, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Guildford, Camberley, Woking, Crowthorne, Wokingham and Bracknell. The map below shows our primary area of operation however if you’re interested in using ProEra outside this area, please get in touch as we may still be able to help.